Saturday, August 6, 2011

Reflections

As we return to our busy lives, its hard to move forward without reflecting about what we accomplished! The people we met, the conversations we had, and the memories that will last a lifetime. Its also hard at least for me to accept that I was only gone 15 days. It felt like 6 weeks!

I honestly could not sleep (well) the last 2 nights, which makes me twice as tired as I originally was.  It’s hard to spend time with a team that became a small family, and then separated in an instant. Can we go back in January when its warm? PLEASE!!!!

Then there are the friends and connections we have made along our journey over the past 15 days.  They have been so happy to make our experience the very best. Our friends took vacation to be with us, took 2-3 hour lunches to spend time and transport us, they rearranged their school schedules and took time off of work to visit with us.  You don't see this kindness everywhere you visit, but we experienced it first hand in Brazil!

The two countries are truly a culture shock...First to go to Brazil, but then to come back to the United States.  You don’t realize how kisses and hugs every time you greet and say goodbye to someone can add joy and love in your life, until it suddenly disappears when your back home.  But I hope to share this it in the states. 

Have we mentioned how much many of us would like to go back?  REAL SOON?  Of course many of our friends can’t wait to visit us. They are interested in seeing our culture so we can discuss as a young adults what we can do to improve, and share ideas with both cultures with the opposites experience in mind.

I have also realized that many short posts have not made it online, but are on my iPhone.  Brazil has the same technology as we do...cell phones, wifi, TV, electricity, but I can say its not as fast as ours, or everywhere like the United States.  So after talking with a few friends, some questions have been asked about details I mentioned in some of our posts.  I hope to fill them in with the weeks approaching.  I will make time to do this, so stay tuned.

Its a hard adjustment to return to "normal reality" and yet filled with excitement at the same time to see what happens next.  Will you help us if our friends can visit the United States?  Would you support another trip to Brazil? 

I hope these 2 conferences can work together to make a difference in the world. Building Relationships, Building Disciples, One heart at a time!  God Bless You All!

Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment